I am sharing the free utility for downloading the EOD data from NSE servers. GetBhavCopy is a freeware application for downloading EOD data. You can download data for NSE cash, BSE cash, and NSE F&O on daily basis.
I am currently using Amibroker for practicing technical analysis. By features one of the most popular software for analysis and trading. I see it is a little costly, but it is value for money.
Spider is one of the most advance software for scanning needs. Owning spider software is a costly affair with more than Rs.50k
Here is the most detailed step by step guide.
Link for EOD Database for Amibroker
Setting up GetBhavcopy Application:
- Download the getbhavcopy application.
- Open the Getbhavcopy application and click on the option.
- Under the General tab select Ignore weekend and click next.
- In equity NSE check download NSE data.
- Under the download directory give the path where EOD download files will be stored.
- Check download open interest.
- Check index volume and click next.
- Just ignore equity BSE (I love NSE due to huge volumes and liquidity).
- Under Futures NSE check Download Futures data.
- Give a path where data will be stored. Click on the save button to save the settings.
Download NSE EOD data using GetBhavcopy:
- Open GetBhavcopy application.
- Select the Start Date and End Date for which you need to download EOD data.
- Just click on the download button.
- GetBhavcopy will download data and store it path which you have set during setup of GetBhavcopy application.
Step by Step Guide to add EOD data to Amibroker (Update Database):
- Copy files of format folder into the C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Formats\
- Start Amibroker software and open the database to which you want to add (update) data.
- Go to File menu > Import ASCII.
- Select Getbhavcopy in Files of type.
- Choose the file which you wish to import. (File that was downloaded via GetBhavcopy).
- Click on Open. Data will be automatically added to the database.
- Once the import is done, make sure you click Save All.
If you face difficulties in this procedure, please do comment below.