Most important news release that move nifty future significantly are related to fundamentals, these fundamental news events when becomes public nifty trades with very high volatility. These news events are:
1. GDP data: GDP data is a simple figure that implies growth of any economy, it is seen that nifty future move almost 120 points when this is released.
2. Inflation data: Inflation is watched by many experts as it decides road map for interest rates and has direct impact on growth.
3. Interest rates decision: This is done by RBI, interest rates are decided by data of inflation and liquidity available in banking system. Banking sector is highly impacted when key rates changes.
4. Fuel price review: Fuel prices are directly correlated with inflation, so market participants watch it very carefully, on hike in fuel prices nifty future corrects by more than 100 points.
5. IIP data: IIP is overall view of industrial growth, so higher the IIP data, nifty future will move higher.
6. Results release: Here results we are talking about are of front line stocks or nifty 50 stocks, blue chip stocks. Results give direction to price movement in future.
7. Global events: These events include news release from US and Europe. Most of them being fundamental news.
8. Currency war: Well currency war is latest fight against freely floating currencies, recently we have intervention in JPY and CHF, by the bank of Japan and by Swiss national bank.
9. Election results: Results of recent election also plays important role in deciding direction, in 2009 election when results were declared we saw nifty future hitting upper circuit for first time in last 8 years. Nifty future was up more than 10% or 450 points.
10. Rating downgrade / upgrade: Rating agencies also has impact on nifty future as we have seen recent downgrade by S&P on Indian banking system. SBI was downgraded and stock was down by 15% in few days time. Recently we saw European economies being downgraded; direct impact was seen on global equities as well as currencies.