I have now found a small piece of software (about 1.5 MB) that can get you real time data feed for nse stocks to Amibroker. This software (Data Feeder) is freeware and you can use it as long as you wish, you can have stocks list up-to 100 stocks ( you can add more but slows down data feed). So now you don’t have to pay any subscription charges to other data provider, I have been using this software for last 1 week and did not see any issue with the data.
Moreover I can see Sensex, Nifty and USD-INR currency pair price. This small app has feature of back filling data of 1 day, 5 days and EOD data as well, You can download this software from below link.
Download Data Feeder from here.
Guide to setup NSE free real time data on Amibroker:
- Download data feeder from above line.
- Install using setup.exe, at this step you ate done with the installation.
- Now let us setup database in Amibroker, Run/open Amibroker.
- Go to File menu > New > Database
- Type the name of data base, select base time interval as: 1 Minute and click Create.
- Under number of bars enter: 10000
- Click on Intraday setting.
- Select filtering as Show day session only.
- In trading hours, for day Session enter start as 09:15 and end as 15:30, Click on OK.
- Now you have successfully configured real time database for NSE.
- Now run Data Feeder from desktop for first time. Here you will need to create a list of stocks that you need under Amibroker real time data feed.
- Once you are done with adding stocks, press the red button named “Amibroker is not connected click here to connect” once you click this button it will become green.
- Now click on “ADD STOCKS” button to add stocks to your Amibroker watch list.
- Lets perform some Back-fill, click on “Backfill-1M Data” to get 1 day intraday data of selected stocks.
- Select chart refresh rate to “5 Seconds“. Now we are ready to hit that START button. Now real time data should be loading perfectly.
Share this information with your friends and relatives. Let them also take the benefit of this free service. If you like this article do follow me on Twitter and like us on Facebook or just join our free SMS list.