I have shared couple of free database for Amibroker on NSE EOD data and NSE F&O data, but I was unable to share the utility that could be used to update daily EOD data. So here is free utility for downloading the data from NSE servers. GetBhavCopy is freeware application for downloading EOD data you can download data from NSE cash, BSE cash and Nse F&O on daily basis. Here is the detailed step by step procedure:
Here is download link.
Setup GetBhavcopy Application:
- Open Getbhavcopy and click on option.
- In general tab select Ignore weekend and click next.
- Under equity NSE check download NSE data.
- Under download directory give path where downloaded data will be stored.
- Check download open interest.
- Check index volume and click next.
- Just ignore equity BSE (I love NSE due to huge volumes).
- Under Futures NSE check Download Futures data.
- Give path where data will be stored. Click on save button to save the settings.
How to download data using GetBhavcopy:
- Select the Start date and End date for which you need to download data.
- Just click that download button, GetBhavcopy will download data and store it path which you have set during setup of GetBhavcopy application.
Procedure to add data to Amibroker (Update Database):
- Copy files of format folder in the above downloaded file to C:Program FilesAmiBrokerFormats
- Start Amibroker open database to which you want to add (update) data.
- Now go to File menu > Import Ascii.
- Select Getbhavcopy in Files of type.
- Choose file which you wish to import (File that was downloaded via GetBhavcopy).
- Click on Open. Data will be automatically added to your selected database.