Upstox (previously know as RKSV Securities), is one of the top discount broking companies operating at a zero brokerage model. Upstox was founded by Ravi Kumar and Raghu Kumar along with Shrini Viswanath.
This brokerage firm now accounts for more than 2.38% of the daily turnover of NSE & BSE. It is around Rs.15,000 crore in daily turnover. Upstox offers a trading facility on major exchanges such as NSE, BSE, and MCX.
Ratan Tata, Kalaari Group and GVK Davix are the active investors in Upstox and their focus is to deliver a low cost and technology-driven brokerage firm.
The trading platform such as Upstox Pro Web is an in-house product build by Upstox itself. Upstox Pro is one of the best and easy to use trading platform because it has all the technical charts and indicators to make profits from trading. Also, Upstox mobile platform makes live trading possible right from your Android smartphone or iPhone.
Upstox offers ZERO brokerage on investing in equity i.e if you take delivery of shares then no need to pay any brokerage.
Lowest brokerages in Industry:
Intraday trading in Equity, Future and Options, Commodities, and Currency Derivatives can be done. The fee is a flat fee of Rs.20 per executed order. If you buy or sell 10 lots of NIFTY future in one order, the brokerage you will pay would still be Rs.20.
Here, you can also begin investment in Mutual funds via SIP or lump sum and you can manage your account from the single screen making it comfortable for the trader to place orders.
With Upstox, E-Aadhaar Account Opening it is possible to open your account completely online. It is very convenient for the traders/investors who wish to open a trading or demat account online. All you need to have is your Aadhaar Card number and PAN Number in order to open an account with Upstox. The account opening process is simple and completely paperless.
Upstox is a registered member of CDSL and NSDL and is eligible to provide Depository Participant (DP) services which we call it as demat services.
Upstox Review Video with all the details:
Learning Initiative in Upstox Account:
Upstox has always thought of educating and training people about the financial markets. You can learn the basics of trading at the upstox learning center. There are hundreds of videos to gain knowledge from experts, to learn options trading strategies to fundamental investing. Several thousands of traders read these resources every day.
No Login in Upstox Account:
To make a seamless trading experience for all, Upstox offers Login less feature on its Upstox Pro mobile app. This feature allows you to test their platform, before having an account, such as:
- Check the prices of all the scrips of NSE cash, BSE cash, NSE F&O, NSE Currencies, and MCX Commodities.
- View Real-time charts of all scripts.
- See charts with different time frames, draw studies.
- Apply 120+ technical indicators on real-time charts. Including Super trend indicator.
- Create unlimited price alerts for all scrips.
- Create unlimited personal watch-lists.
- Get notified on order placements and executions.
- Access predefined watch-list of Nifty 50.
Upstox Margin 2021:
Margins for Regular Intraday Order (MIS):
|Segment||Regular Intraday||Priority Intraday|
|NSE Option Buy||NA||NA|
|Index Option Sell||3X||4X|
|Stock Option Sell||3X||3X|
|MCX Future||2.5X||Upto 3X|
Margins for OCO order / Cover Order:
Upstox CO OCO Margin
|Segment||Regular CO/OCO||Priority CO/OCO|
|Index Futures||Upto 5X||Upto 8X|
|NSE Option Buy||1.33X||2X|
|Index Option Sell||3X||4X|
|Stock Option Sell||3X||3X|
Note: Priority pack subscribers are charged Rs.30 per executed order.
Upstox Brokerage Charges 2021:
Upstox’s brokerage plan is quite simple and very competitive. Trade in Equity Delivery is completely free and for all other segments, you pay maximum Rs.20 per executed order.
Upstox Brokerage Charges
|Equity Intraday||0.01% or Rs.20 (Which ever is lower)|
|Equity Futures and Options||Rs.20|
|Currency Futures and Options||Rs.20|
Upstox account opening charges/ Annual Maintenance charges for 2021:
Upstox Account Opening Charges
|Trading Account Opening Charges||Rs.150|
|Demat account Opening Charges||Rs.150|
|Commodities Trading Account Opening Charges||Rs.150|
|Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges (from second year)||Rs.150|
- Call and Trade facility is available at Rs.20 per call order. This is charged only when you call Upstox to place a trade for you. If you are trading online, then you will save this as well.
- Digital Contract notes are sent via Email for FREE. But if you want physical copies of contract notes, then you will be charged Rs.25 per contract + courier charges.
- Payment gateway charges are ZERO for UPI payment. But for other modes, charges are Rs.7 per fund transfer.
- Money withdrawals charges apply as per RBI guidelines. But currently, it is ZERO.
- Standard NSE charges, transaction charges, and statutory levies are charged.
For STT, Stamp Duty, GST and SEBI Charges check Upstox brokerage calculator.
Upstox Referral Program:
Upstox’s referral program offers existing customers the chance to earn additional money in brokerage credit by referring their friends to open an account and trade with Upstox. A special dashboard is there for existing customers so that you can track your earnings from referrals.
Account Opening with Upstox:
For online trading with Upstox, an investor or a trader has to open a simple 2-in-1 account (Trading and Demat). Starting in early 2016 Upstox started a Paperless account opening system. Account opening is easy with Upstox, you just need Aadhaar Card Number and PAN Number to open an online demat account. Earlier we used to fill out multiple forms, print, sign, and send them to the broker in the courier.
Open an account with Upstox:
- Fill out the details in the online form here.
- Contact Phone Number: +91-22-6130-9999
- Support email: [email protected]
- Registered Office: Upstox, 807 New Delhi House, New Delhi – 110001
- Corporate Office: 30th Floor, Sunshine Tower, Senapati Bapat Marg, Dadar (W), Mumbai, 400 013
Pro Web, Mobile app and Desktop base trading platform – 2021
Upstox provides web browser and mobile app-based trading platforms to its users.
The Pro Web – With more and more people moving towards online trading. Upstox has turned its web-based trading platform into the most sophisticated and cutting-edge tool which helps traders and investors to calculate fast and place quick trades in live markets. It is a light-weight browser-based platform that you can access on your computer, laptop or tablet–without having to download anything.
Upstox Desktop – One of the most reputed trading platforms “Omnesys NEST” is the official trading terminal for Upstox. This trading terminal is a one-stop-shop for your trading needs, from advanced charting to quick order placement, portfolio, fund transfer, margin report and Market Watch. Customizable interface, Multi-Monitor support, customizable hotkeys and shortcuts.
Key features of Upstox Pro are:
- Fast market feeds
- Trade on all exchanges & all segments with a single Sign In
- Real time quotes
- Instant notifications
- Bank transfer available with 40+ banks.
- Real time margin – alert for margin changes
- One click trades.
- Keyboard shortcuts – like desktop, you can use shortcuts for trading in the browser of your choice.
- Account balance, historical reports, daily order status reports, and much more.
Final thought about Upstox
Upstox is are one of the few discount brokers who are trying their best to provide decent service to their clients. If you are interested in an opening account, I would advise you to start with Upstox.